Will Conroy proudly calls St. Petersburg, Florida, home, and has been actively involved in various investment and development projects throughout the Southeast United States. He oversees Backstreets Capital, the family office for the Conroy and Sher families, blending his interest in business development with the value he places on family.
His experience in real estate encompasses a diverse range of projects from single-parcel developments to mixed-use projects and land-use changes. Under his leadership, the Backstreets’ team is a leading developer in the Southeast, with a particular focus on for-sale residential projects. The family office has extensive affiliations with various operating businesses, including trust companies, banks, production contractors, and hoteliers, to name a few. Will began his real estate journey as a lawyer at one of Tampa Bay’s largest law firms, but has since transitioned out of the practice.
Will completed his B.S. at Yale University and his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He also holds a certificate in Business and Public Policy from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.
Family remains an integral part of Will’s life, with his wife Stacy and their three children are his primary focus.
Associations & Board Service:
- Cogent Bank – Advisory Board
- Shorecrest Preparatory School – Chair, Board of Directors
- Real Estate Investment Council of Tampa Bay (REIC) – Past President, Board of Directors; Founder, Young Professionals
- Habitat for Humanity, Pinellas County – Past Board Member
- Connect Florida – Inaugural Class, 2010-2011
- Israel Bonds – Recipient of the Inaugural “Young Leadership Award”, 2013
- Temple Beth-El, St. Petersburg, Florida – Past Board Member, Past Chairman of Personnel Committee
- A Baseball Community – Finance Sub-committee member
- UOwn Leasing – Past Board member