Will Conroy is a prominent attorney and investor from St. Petersburg, Florida who has been intimately involved in numerous high-profile projects and business success stories throughout the Southeast United States. At family-owned Backstreets Capital, Will combines his passion for helping businesses succeed and creating impactful projects with his number-one priority: Family.
As an equity partner at one of Tampa Bay’s largest and most distinguished law firms, Johnson Pope, Will has decades of experience handling a broad range of complex commercial real estate and corporate issues for clients including developers, private equity funds, family-owned businesses and more.
As an experienced corporate investor, Will has a noteworthy portfolio of real estate projects – having worked on everything from single-parcel developments to mixed-use projects and land-use changes – as well as operating businesses including a trust company, a bank, a production contractor, hoteliers and numerous private equity firms. He has owned and managed Landguard Title Services for the past 10 years and he serves as outside General Counsel to numerous family offices throughout Florida.
Of all his accomplishments, Will is most proud of his family – his wife Stacy and their three children.
Will holds a B.S. from Yale University, a J.D. from University of Pennsylvania Law School, and completed a certificate in Business and Public Policy from University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.
Distinctions, Memberships and Board Service
- Shorecrest Preparatory School, Vice President, Board of Directors
- Real Estate Investment Council of Tampa Bay (REIC), Board of Directors, Past President
- Real Estate Investment Council (REIC), Founder, Young Professionals
- Business Observer, “40 Under 40”
- Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, “Up and Comer”
- Habitat for Humanity, Past Member Board of Directors, Pinellas County
- Connect Florida, Statewide Leadership Institute, Inaugural Class, 2010-2011
- Gold Pin Recipient, Bay Area Volunteer Lawyers Program (Bay Area Legal Services) Pro Bono Service Awards, 2009
- Israel Bonds, Recipient of Inaugural “Young Leadership Award”, 2013
- Temple Beth-El, St. Petersburg, Florida, Board Member, Past Chairman of Personnel Committee
- A Baseball Community, Finance Sub-committee
- RPPTL Section, The Florida Bar
- Past Board member, UOwn Leasing